1. Corn is recognised as the world's "golden crop", with the highest content of fat, phosphorus and vitamin B2 in cereals
2. Cornmeal contains linoleic acid and vitamin E, which can lower cholesterol levels in the body, thereby reducing the incidence of atherosclerosis
3. cornmeal contains more calcium and iron, which can prevent hypertension and coronary heart disease
4. Modern medical research shows that cornmeal is rich in glutathione, an anti-cancer factor that combines with a variety of foreign chemical carcinogens in the human body, causing them to lose their toxicity and then being excreted through the digestive tract. Coarsely ground cornmeal is high in lysine, which inhibits tumour growth
5. cornmeal also contains the trace element selenium, which accelerates the breakdown of oxidants in the body and inhibits malignant tumours
6. The rich dietary fibre in cornmeal can promote intestinal peristalsis, shorten the time for food to pass through the digestive tract and reduce the absorption of toxic substances and the stimulation of carcinogenic substances to the colon, thus reducing the occurrence of colon cancer.