There are many types of paste, depending on the effect you want to achieve.
1. Egg white paste is also called protein paste, which is made from egg white and water starch. It is also prepared with eggs, flour and water.
The scope of application is relatively narrow, and it is only used for "drawn silk" and "glazed" products that use fruits as raw materials.
Product features: hard and brittle.
2. Egg paste is also called Gaoli paste or Xueyi paste. Whisk the egg white with chopsticks in one direction until foamy, and the chopsticks are in the egg white
Stand upright. Then add dry starch and stir to make a paste. The dishes made with paste have a plump appearance and a loose taste.
Scope of application: Used for soft fried products, such as "soft fried fish sticks", "sandy bananas", ermine fish sticks, etc. Can also be used for poultry and fruit
The characteristics of the product are plump, milky white in color and soft in texture.
To make egg batter, in addition to the sending technique, attention should also be paid to adding starch, otherwise the batter is prone to water and the dishes are difficult to make.
3. Egg yolk paste is made by mixing egg yolk with flour or starch and water. The color of the prepared dish is golden, and it is generally suitable for deep-frying and deep-frying
and other cooking methods. After deep-frying, the food is crispy on the outside and fresh on the inside, and can be dipped in condiments when eating.
Scope of application: Fried products with starch and egg yolk paste are generally rolled in marinade, such as "sweet and sour egg cheese", "fish fillets in tomato sauce" and so on. flour eggs
Yellow paste products are generally used for wrapping and frying, such as "wrapped roast duck", "crisp fried beef" and so on.
Product features: starch egg yolk paste products are soft and tender, flour and egg yolk paste products are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
4. Whole custard is made by mixing whole eggs with flour or starch and water. It's simple to make.
Scope of application: products that can be eaten directly after being fried: such as "osmanthus meat"; products that need to be poured or boiled after being fried, such as "foreign meat
"Scallion Pork Chop", etc.; after the raw materials are battered, they need to be fried with crispy ingredients, such as "Sesame Fish Chop", etc.; suitable for frying and shredded
Dishes, the finished product is golden yellow, loose on the outside and tender on the inside.
Product features: crispy and crispy, soft after cooling, golden in color; or crispy and tender; or crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
5. Pat the raw materials of powdered custard paste with a layer of dry starch or dry flour before hanging the paste, and then hang a layer of paste. This is to solve
Some raw materials contain more water or oil and are not easy to paste, such as: soft fried chestnuts, shredded apples, pot stickers fish fillets
wait. In this way, the raw materials can be hung evenly and full, and the taste is delicious and tender.
6. Drag the custard to pat the bread flour, let the raw materials evenly hang the whole custard, and then pat a layer of bread flour or cheese on the surface of the batter
Hemp, almonds, pine nuts, melon seeds, peanuts, walnuts, etc., such as: fried pork chops, sesame fish steaks, etc. The fried dishes are special
Don't be crispy.
7. Gouache paste is made by mixing starch and water. It is easy to make and has a wide range of applications.
and other cooking methods. The dishes made are golden in color, crisp and hard on the outside, and fresh and tender on the inside, such as: dry fried tenderloin, fried fish nuggets, etc.
8. For the baking powder paste, add appropriate amount of baking powder to the flour and starch and mix well (the ratio of flour to starch is 7:3), then add water
modulation. Use cold water in the day and warm water in winter, and stir with chopsticks until there are small bubbles of uniform size. Paste before use
Add a few drops of wine to add smoothness. It is suitable for frying shredded vegetables. Because the water content in the vegetables is high, it is better to fry the shells after frying with baking powder.
Hard, will not cause water spillage and affect the quality of dishes, the appearance is plump and smooth, golden in color, crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
9. Crispy paste is made by adding 17% lard or salad oil to the paste, which is generally suitable for deep-fried and dry-fried dishes. After cooking
It has the characteristics of crispy, crispy, full-bodied.
The key to making paste
( 1 ) The key to making paste is to master the thickness of various pastes
It should be flexibly controlled according to the nature of raw materials and other specific conditions. When making pastes, the thickness or thinness of various pastes should be determined according to the tenderness, originality, and texture of raw materials.
It depends on whether the ingredients have been frozen or not, and the length of cooking time since the ingredients are pasted. The general principles are:
First, the paste should be thicker for younger raw materials; the paste should be thinner for older raw materials.
Second, the paste should be thicker for raw materials that have been frozen; the paste should be thinner for raw materials that have not been frozen.
Third, the paste should be thicker for the raw materials cooked immediately after the paste is applied, and the paste should be cooked after a certain time interval after the paste is applied.