Vegetable flour is a powder processed from vegetables, which can be used for cooking, baking, making pasta and other purposes. The following are some common uses and advantages of vegetable flour:
1. Substitute for traditional flour: vegetable flour can be used to replace traditional flour and add nutritional value and taste to baked food. For example, baking bread with pumpkin flour can increase the content of cellulose and vitamin A.
2. Increase the nutritional value: vegetable flour contains the nutritional components of vegetables, such as fiber, vitamins and minerals. Using vegetable flour can add nutrition to food. For example, biscuits made from vegetable pollen are rich in vitamin C and dietary fiber.
3. Gluten-free: Some vegetable flour, such as taro flour and yam flour, does not contain gluten. This is a good choice for people who are allergic or sensitive to gluten.
Provide different taste: each kind of vegetable flour has its own unique taste and characteristics, for example, dioscorea flour has a nutty taste, and taro flour has a light sweet taste. Using vegetable flour can provide different taste and taste for food.
4. Reduce calories: compared with ordinary flour, vegetable flour usually has lower calorie content. This makes food using vegetable flour healthier and helps to control weight and blood sugar levels.
5. Increase the color of food: Because vegetable flour is processed from vegetables, they usually have bright colors. For example, noodles made from spinach flour are green, and cookies made from sweet corn flour are yellow. This can add color and attraction to food.
6. Provide diversity: using vegetable flour can provide diversity and innovation for food. For example, the cake made of sweet potato powder has a silky texture and sweet taste, while the cake made of carrot powder has a natural sweet taste and aroma.
7. Suitable for special diet: vegetable flour can usually adapt to various dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, low carbohydrate, etc. This makes vegetable flour an ideal choice for various special diets.
8. Helps digestion and defecation: Because vegetable flour is rich in dietary fiber, it can help digestion and defecation. Dietary fiber helps to increase the water in the intestine, soften the stool, and reduce the risk of constipation and intestinal diseases.
9. Improve taste and texture: different kinds of vegetable flour can bring different taste and texture. For example, some vegetable flour can increase the puffiness and texture of food, making it more soft and easy to chew.
In a word, vegetable flour is a multifunctional food material, which can bring various benefits to various foods, including increasing nutritional value, reducing calories, providing diversity, suitable for special diet, helping digestion and defecation, etc. If you want to add nutrition and taste to your food, you can consider using vegetable flour.