Types of starch
1. Pea flour: also known as bean flour, it is a starch processed from pea seeds. It is white in color, fine in texture, smooth to the touch, has no peculiar smell, less impurities, good viscosity and great expansion. It is the top grade in Gorgon powder .
2. Potato flour: Potato flour is made from potato tubers. The color is extremely white, shiny, fine powder, relatively viscous, and generally swelling, which is the top grade in Gorgon powder.
3. Sweet potato flour: also known as yam flour and sweet potato flour, it is processed from the root of yam. It has dark color, many impurities, general expansion, and poor taste.
4. Cassava flour: Also known as raw flour and cassava flour, it is processed from cassava roots and is mainly produced in the south of my country. It is characterized by fine powder, white color, good viscosity, great swelling and less impurities. , Cassava flour contains hydrocyanic acid and is not suitable for raw food. It is the raw material of Gorgon flour in Guangdong, Fujian and other places.
5. Mung bean powder: It is starch processed from mung bean seeds. It has white color, fine powder, no peculiar smell, less impurities, good viscosity and great expansion. It is the top grade of Gorgon powder.
6. Water chestnut powder: It is the starch processed from water chestnut. It is the best quality among the gorgon powders. It is powdery, white and shiny, delicate and smooth, with high viscosity, but poor water absorption and low yield.
It is widely used in cooking. It can absorb water, improve the water holding capacity of dishes, protect the moisture, texture and temperature of raw materials, and highlight the characteristics of softness, tenderness, crispness and refreshing taste of dishes. Starch is often used in sizing and hanging of raw materials in cooking. It can also be used to thicken paste and dishes. It can also be used to make velvet, mud, balls and other craft dishes. It can also be used for sticking and shaping raw materials. It is also an indispensable powdering material for pasta production and processing.